Building Trust, Connections and Relationships
PANO takes member confidentiality very seriously. Data and information supplied by association members or available to employees because of the special relationship that exists, must be held in complete confidence such that it will not be revealed inappropriately, If there is any question about the confidentiality of information, contact your direct supervisor. Staff members should also refrain from creating or circulating any rumors about member organizations.
Staff follow these guidelines:
• PANO Staff sign a Confidentiality Pledge as a part of their orientation. This pledge is found in the Employee Handbook, please see attached as a reference.
• All member inquiries are assumed confidential and not shared with other outside organizations.
• Technical assistance inquiries are only shared with third parties when deemed appropriate by the Chief Information Officer and authorized by the member.
• Mailing lists are only made public to member organizations or endorsed vendors when deemed appropriate.
• Email lists are not shared with third parties including other members.
• Fax and telephone numbers are only shared with third parties when deemed appropriate by the Chief Information Officer and are in the best interest of the member.
• Individual organizations are only shared for appropriate networking opportunities for the nonprofit member.
• Specific information not made public in an organization’s 990 is never shared.
• Organizations may request that their contact information is not shared with third parties. This policy is noted on the initial and renewal member letter.